Bangkok Sweepstakes - Rules for Participation
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
- The TEQBALL Kft. Subscriber Sweepstakes (hereinafter: Sweepstakes) is open only to citizens of the European Union (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Italy, Sweden; hereinafter: Participant). The Sweepstakes is not exclusively offered only in the European Union, but these Rules do not allow entries from outside the European Union. The Sweepstakes is also being offered in the United States of America, subject to any exceptions that may apply to participants in the United States in accordance with USA law. Void where prohibited by law.
- The Sweepstakes will be successful even if there is no winner in the European Union.
- The organiser is TEQBALL Kft., 1101 Budapest, Hungary, Expo tér 5-7., tax number: 24390305-2-42, company registration number: 01-09-174699 (hereinafter: TEQBALL).
- TEQBALL, at its sole discretion, shall have the right to involve other persons in the organisation of the promotion (hereinafter: Contributor).
- By participating, you agree to these Rules and the decisions of TEQBALL, which are final and binding in all respects.
- November 6th, 2023 at 1 p.m. Central European Time (”CET”) – November 12th, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CET. TEQBALL’s computer is the official clock for all purposes of the Sweepstakes.
HOW TO ENTER:
The Participant shall be eligible to receive the Prize from the Sweepstakes if:
- The Participant has reached the age of majority under the law of his/her country of residence, but is at least 18 years old.
- The Participant has no conflict of interest as defined in present Rules;
- The Participant is not subject to any criminal proceedings and is not subject to any expulsion order or any similar criminal and/or administrative sanction that would prevent them from entering the Kingdom of Thailand;
- The Participant has a valid passport and is not subject to any travel restrictions that would prevent them from entering the Kingdom of Thailand;
- The Participant will use the airline tickets provided by TEQBALL personally.
- The Participant will use the accommodation provided by TEQBALL personally.
- The Participant will attend the final of the Event on 3rd of December.
- If the Winner fails to comply with its obligation to cooperate as set out in this clause, the Winner will no longer be entitled to the Prize.
- The Participant shall be eligible to receive the Prize from the Sweepstakes if:
- In the event that:
- the Player is ineligible to receive the Prize and nevertheless signs the Declaration of Commitment, provided that TEQBALL procures the Prize;
- the Player becomes ineligible to receive the Prize after TEQBALL procures the Prize; or
- the Player does not fulfill one or more of its obligations set out herein
the Player shall fully reimburse TEQBALL within 15 days of the receipt of the payment notice issued by TEQBALL pertaining to the payment of the reimbursement.
4. During the Sweepstakes period, the Prize winner will be chosen and will be contacted by TEQBALL and given a link / forms to fill out the appropriate information. The Prize winner shall provide their e-mail address as prompted. By doing so, Prize winner is opting-in/granting permission to receive TEQBALL’s or any of its affiliates product announcements, news updates and product feedback requests. Only the winner will be notifieded and the selection will be closed on 11:59 p.m. CET on November 13th 2023.
5. If the Participant unsubscribes from the newsletter before the end of the Sweepstakes period, the Participant is no longer eligible to be entered into the draw or receive the Prize.
6. Anyone who has subscribed to the TEQBALL's newsletter prior to the Sweepstakes Period is not eligible to participate.
- It is possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by using the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the newsletter or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you cancel your subscription before the deadline of the sweepstakes you will cease to participating and therefore win the Prize.
- Limit of one (1) entry per person. VIOLATION OF THIS ENTRY LIMIT MAY RESULT IN VOIDING OF ALL ENTRIES AND DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Acknowledgment of receipt of subscription/entry does not constitute any representation by TEQBALL of eligibility for the Sweepstakes or selection as a potential winner in the Sweepstakes. In the event of dispute as to ownership of an entry, entry shall be deemed made by the authorized owner of the e-mail account provided, as determined by TEQBALL in its sole discretion. Entries must be manually key-stroked by entrant; use of programmed, robotic or like means of entry (e.g., third party sweepstakes-entry services) is strictly prohibited. Message and data rates apply to use of mobile device for Sweepstakes entry. You may be charged by your wireless carrier for submitting your entry via mobile device. Be sure to check your wireless carrier's pricing plan before entering via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access; and, wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
- SELECTED DRAWING:
- Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received. The winning e-mail address will be drawn by a random generator available on the Internet. (http://random.org) The potential winners will be notified via email and must respond to same and commence the Prize claim procedure within twenty-hours (24) hours of transmission of notification. If no reply is received within twenty-four hours, the winner will be replaced by the participant drawn after the winner. Prize claim procedure includes the following: potential winner will be verified as being eligible and otherwise in full compliance with these Rules. Potential winner will also be required to provide a copy of valid government-issued photo identification and to sign and return a Declaration of Commitment within the indicated time period. Failure to comply with the TEQBALL’s instruction or to complete any other aspect of the Prize claim procedure for any reason (including but not limited to the provision of incomplete or inaccurate Prize shipment information), if potential winner cannot be notified for any reason or if potential winner is determined to be ineligible or otherwise in violation of these Rules will result in Prize forfeiture without compensation of any kind and selection of an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries received for the drawing.
- PRIZE / ODDS OF WINING:
- Prize winner selected upon entry, Approximate Retail Value: 2,500USD (Approximate Retail Value does not represent re-sale value of Prize.). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Limit of one (1) Prize per person in this Sweepstakes. The Prize includes one (1) return economy class flight ticket with carry on baggage included (TEQBALL decides which flights the tickets are for) and an event pass for the WORLD TEQBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS FINAL GAMES 2023 (venue: Bangkok, Thailand), which will take place on 03 December 2023, and accomodation from 30 November to 04 December (4 nights) in Al Meroz Hotel, Bangkok with breakfast included (hereinafter: Prize) (Any and all unspecified expenses in conjunction with Prize claim/acceptance/use as well as taxes (if any) on the Prize are the winner’s sole responsibility
- The acquisition of a visa (if required) and all related obligations are arranged and borne by the participant. Failure to comply with the resulting obligations will be considered as a breach of contract and the Participant will bear the consequences thereof, i.e. he/she will have to reimburse the cost of the Prize to TEQBALL. It is the Participant's responsibility to take out the necessary traveler and accident insurance. TEQBALL will not provide transport to and from the airport, nor transport to and from the location of the Event.
- TEQBALL will determine the size and weight of the suitcase the Winner can bring on the plane. If the Winner does not agree to this and wishes to bring a suitcase larger than the size and weight specified, the Winner will be responsible for the cost of bringing the suitcase.
- TEQBALL will assume any tax liability of the winner in connection with the purchase of the Prize. In addition, TEQBALL is not liable for any taxes which are not related to the delivery or purchase of the Prize.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. The winner shall not be entitled to any Prize substitution except for that provided by TEQBALL in its sole discretion due to the unavailability of the Prize or any of its components for any reason and only then for Prize/Prize component of comparable value. Prize is not redeemable/exchangeable by winner for cash. The winner shall not transfer the Prize in any way, except with TEQBALL’s written permission which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion without liability of any kind.
CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION:
Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families) of TEQBALL, its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and agencies are not eligible. TEQBALL is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, illegible/garbled, corrupted, inaccessible, misdirected, incomplete, unrecorded or mutilated and all such entries are void. TEQBALL is also not responsible for:
- any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, equipment malfunction/failure or other cause;
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission of entries, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries;
- or any problems or technical malfunctions, disruptions or failures of any kind, including telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, software or programming or for damage to one’s computer or mobile device due to participation in the Sweepstakes. TEQBALL reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify from the Sweepstakes any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering (or attempting to tamper) with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Rules; this expressly includes but is not limited to the use of multiple identities or any other artifice in an attempt to defraud TEQBALL.
- The preceding in no way precludes TEQBALL from taking other actions against such individuals so as to protect its legal rights. TEQBALL’s failure to enforce any provision of these Rules in a given circumstance does not constitute the waiver of such provision.
- Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families) of TEQBALL, its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and agencies are not eligible. TEQBALL is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, illegible/garbled, corrupted, inaccessible, misdirected, incomplete, unrecorded or mutilated and all such entries are void. TEQBALL is also not responsible for:
By accepting the Prize, except where prohibited by law, winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, photograph and/or other indicia of person for advertising/publicity/trade purposes by TEQBALL and its designees without further compensation or notice; and, upon TEQBALL’s request and without compensation other than the Prize itself, winner agrees to execute any documents that TEQBALL may require so as to confirm the foregoing grant of rights. By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless TEQBALL, its parent company, affiliates, divisions, and subsidiaries and agencies, and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations, from any and all liability arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or the acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of the Prize.
- FORCE MAJEURE:
If, for any reason beyond TEQBALL’s control, the Sweepstakes cannot be offered as originally intended in whole or in part (such as, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation), TEQBALL reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the Prize winners from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by TEQBALL (as appropriate) or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Rules, as determined by TEQBALL in its sole discretion. Notice of such action by TEQBALL will be posted on Teqball’s Facebook Page or notified to the winner by email directly.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION / GOVERNING LAW:
To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that:
- any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Rules or this Sweepstakes shall be filed exclusively in Hungary, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action, with any right of change of venue or forum non conveniens or the like being expressly waived;
- any such action shall be resolved individually, NOT as part of a class action;
- any claims/judgments/awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), but NOT attorneys’ fees (or damages/remedies/relief of any other kind).
- These Rules and the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of Hungary without regard to choice of law/conflict of law principles of Hungary or of any other jurisdiction.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that: